Wednesday 1 September 2021

It smelt like autumn so I sculpted mushrooms

 Hello, reader!

After a genuinely exhausting heatwave that lasted for a month or longer, we have finally had some nice, much milder weather for the past couple of weeks. Inevitably, the autumny feels kicked in.

I usually take the following to be the signs of autumn coming: 

I heat the water and milk for my coffee, 

I begin to acknowledge the existence of herbal teas,

my kid is back to school so we all have to get up early,

but the biggest sign of autumn is, actually, how everything smells differently. Everything smells like woods.


Not the biggest nature goer this one here, I'll admit, but autumn to me smells like bark and bird nests. And fungi. I picture them, then draw them and paint them. So, I made some mushroom figurines. One is like a Halloween witch but cute, and two are inspired by the starry night theme (more than the famous painting of the same name).










   The blue one got adopted straight away, so I went and made another one, but this one opens and can be used for small jewelry pieces:







If you'd like any, please visit my Etsy shop.

The autumn inspiration has only just hit me, so stay tuned.

Until next time...


   

No comments:

Post a Comment