Monday 31 May 2021

Little blobs of clay... and more

Welcome, reader! 

I love vintage toys and old Christmas tree ornaments. The whole childish, goofy but cute vibe from before I was even born. I adore baroque-like, upcycled, ornate items like mirrors, candle holders, or picture frames. Then there is the steampunk aesthetics that really appeals to me. But I'm keen on watercolour flower and botanical illustrations, surreal oil painting, and circus as a theme in art, too. What a mess I am! 

[Inspiration, not my work, I do not own rights to the following photos or items displayed in them]









Probably that's why I make different things, trying to perfect my own, distinctive way of expression. I have been creating decorative items for years now. It used to be a hobby but it is becoming my more regular occupation.

Lately, I am mainly focused on Meetze, little hanging ornaments that I make from clay and paper mache. They are really cute and invite for a festive, Christmasy mood, and they have a sentimental, dreamy, homey feel to them. 

Here they are, this time two parachutists, a teddy bear and an elephant. 

[The following is my work. I have added the logo to the photos, please do not remove it, otherwise - feel free to share the photos and support my work that way.]







The figurines are so lightweight you hardly feel them in your hand, yet they are solid as a rock. The height without the hanging string is approx. 11 cm. This set is sold, but I can always make a similar one to order (never the same one, though!). So, e-mail me if you would like to place your order, or follow what is available in my Etsy shop

Or, tell me how you like my work... well, this smallest portion of it at least ❤  

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment