Saturday 24 July 2021

I have found another interest!

 Hello, reader!


Recently, I came into possession of a small plastic toy horse (rubber, maybe? you know that elastic-plastic material). Instantly, I wished to create a fantasy-themed diorama or shadowbox. I had a perfectly sized wooden box, it was sold as a tray but I thought I could use it as my diorama box. So, I created this:


The theme is dream, so says the sign stamped on the smallest and cutest wooden cubes. On the back, there is another sign, stamped on a wooden tile, that says "dream big":


As you can see from the detailed photos below, I have used all sorts of embellishments and mixmedia techniques to create this piece:








I really cannot describe in words how much I enjoyed creating this item! I now realise that, when it comes to dioramas, the possibilities are endless. This type of creation is limitless when it comes to inspiration, crafting techniques, materials, subjects... And the final result, however much you personally like it, speaks about how small things always represent bigger ideas. 

I think I have found a new field of expression for myself and I will definitely keep exploring it!

This piece is currently available in my Etsy shop!

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment